This is the perfect combination of jelly and custard. Kids will love them.
- 400mlcondensed milk
- 600ml ctn pouring
- 300ml thickened cream
- Green, blue, red and yellow food colouring
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatine powder
- Rainbow pearls to decorate
- Place four 150ml glasses on a tray that will fit in your fridge. Place the cream and condensed milk in a saucepan. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes, until warm.
- Transfer 150ml cream mixture to a jug. Use a little blue and green colouring to tint a pastel yellow.
- Place 3 teaspoons cold water in a bowl. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon gelatine powder. Set aside for a couple of minutes or until the gelatine has been absorbed into the water. On the power of Microwave and set on High for 20 seconds to heat. Stir to dissolve gelatine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir the cooled gelatine mixture into the yellow cream mixture. Divide evenly among the glasses. Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until set. (The remaining cream mixture can be kept at room temperature.)
Repeat to make 3 more layers in different colours, using 150ml cream mixture, 3 teaspoons cold water and 3/4 teaspoon gelatine for each layer and transferring to the fridge to set before adding the next. Do a blue layer, then green, then yellow, then use red and yellow to make orange, and for the last layer add a little red to make pink.
- Use electric beaters to whisk the thickened cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Divide among 3 bowls. Lightly tint 1 portion yellow, another portion green and the last portion pink. Add alternating spoonfuls of the coloured creams to a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle. Pipe cream over custard cups and sprinkle with rainbow pearls.