Tiranga Burfi Special
15th August is celebrated as Independence Day in India to honor its freedom. When whole nation is filed with celebration mood, then why not give patriotic flavour to our food. On this Independence Day, lets celebrate with the sweetness of sweet ‘Tiranga Burfi‘. #INDEPENDENCE DAY SPECIAL
- 1 cups Khoya
- 1 cup Maida (all-purpose flour)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ghee
- Orange and Green colours
Read this: Rainbow Custard Cups
- Take maida(all purpose flour) and khoya and fry it in ghee for 5 minutes over slow flame. Divide into 3 equal parts.
- For 1st layer, take 1/3 of sugar and water to make syrup of it, to 1 string consistency. Add one portion of khoya to maida mixture and stir well over a low flame. Add green color mixed with milk and stir well.
- For 2nd layer, now take another vessel to make syrup of sugar and water. Add second portion of khoya to maida mixture and stir well over a low flame. There is no need of color in this layer.
- The first layer will be ready. Remove from gas and transfer to greased plate (tel kee plate) and spread well.
- For 3rd layer, take a vessel to make syrup (same as above). Add third portion of khoya to maida mixture. Add orange color mixed with milk and stir well.
- By this time second layer is almost ready. Spread second layer on the first layer and press it well. This layer should softer than first and third layer.
- By this time third layer is ready Transfer this on the third layer and press it well. Now press the layers hard with the help of thick bottomed plate and remain the vessel for 5 minutes, so the burfi will stick together. After 25 minutes cut this pieces into triangle shape with sharp knife. Remove the pieces carefully from the plate.
- Serve the delicious burfi to everyone on this Independence Day.